Sep 11 - Tenth Anniversary of Sep 11, 2001
Tenth Anniversary Memorial Service 9/11
Remembering the Fallen Heroes of September 11, 2001
Onboard the USS Midway Museum
Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 2:30 PM
On the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center we will pay tribute and honor our fallen heroes. There will be an 11-star wreath laying ceremony, a US Navy flyover, a reading of the names accompanied by a tolling of the bells, a twin helicopter flyover, a twenty one gun salute along with additional tributes. The ceremony will begin at 2:30 PM on Sunday, September 11, 2011 on the Flight Deck of the USS Midway Museum.
Services will include:
• Presentation of the Colors by the United States Marine Corps
• Honor Guards from San Diego Fire Department, the US Border Patrol, Orange County Fire Department, Belleview, Washington Fire Department, Camp Pendleton Federal Fire Department, Oceanside Fire Department, Transportation Security Administration and the San Diego Emerald Society.
• Guest speakers include San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders, Chairman Bill Horn of the 5th District, Vice Admiral Hunt, Commander Naval Surface Forces and Naval Surface Force, US Pacific Fleet, and retired Colonel Jason Frye.
• The San Diego Emerald Society Pipes and Drums
• Water display show by the San Diego Harbor Patrol
The ceremony is open to the public. Boarding begins at 1:30 PM.
All guests are invited to the post ceremony reception located on the Flight Deck. Food, drinks and entertainment will be provided.