Event Service Assistant Manager
Some of the benefits the USS Midway Museum offers regular full-time employees are:
- Company-paid Health and Dental Insurance
- Company-paid Life and LTD insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- 403(b) Plan with match
- Paid On-site Parking
- Discounts at Fantail Café
- Merchandise Discounts in Jet Shop
- Free Admission to participating San Diego Museums
- Unique work environment that emphasizes self-starters, fun, inspiration, service to country and a work/life balance.
(back to top)
The USS Midway Museum has several openings for Custodial/Janitorial positions.
- Schedule: 40 hours per week, shifts vary, must be able to work nights & weekends!
- Status: 60 Day Temporary assignment with potential for full time after assignment is completed
- Hourly rate: $10.00
POSITION REQUIRES RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION TO ACCOMMODATE LATE NIGHT/EARLY MORNING HOURS!!
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK A SCHEDULE that WILL INCLUDE WEEKENDS, EVENINGS AND HOLIDAYS.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, using cleansers, solvents, soap solutions, and polishes
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; refill restroom dispensers
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors
- Wash walls and equipment
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, vacuums, brooms and mops for cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, equipment, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in custodial maintenance or a related field
- Team player – ready and willing to help wherever needed or assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow written/verbal instructions
- Ability to operate and use small power/hand tools
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and time pressures
- Job Conditions/Work Location: Work is performed on board an aircraft carrier. Shifts vary and require ability to work nights and weekends
- Physical Requirements: Constant climbing up/down stairs and ladders; bend stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull/push lift, and carry up to 40 pounds; reach both above and below shoulder height
- Equipment Operated: Small power tools, buffer/scrubber, and janitorial equipment
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the qualifications for the position and are interested in applying, please submit resume to email@example.com
with “Service Tech” in the subject line.
Be part of a fun and exciting team aboard America’s most-visited aircraft carrier museum!
The USS Midway Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(back to top)
Event Services Assistant Manager (pdf)
(back to top)
The fundamental role of the position is to provide support for evening events with regards to interaction with Midway Event Managers and clients plus overseeing the setup with event services staff and vendors. This can include the coordination of the tear-down and load-out of vendors and their equipment. This position works closely with a variety of constituents, requiring the candidate to possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including a proven ability to tactfully collaborate on challenging issues. This opening is ideal for an experienced event professional looking to join a unique and popular event venue in an organization that values a culture of teamwork, ownership and a balanced work/life.
- Schedule: Generally 3 - 11:30 pm, days vary based on event schedule, must be flexible to work day shift as needed.
Must have at least 3 years of hands-on event operational experience and 1 year of crew supervision.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Direct, train, motivate and coach Event Services team in the support of event operations.
- Schedule Event Services staff for event operations and maintenance of Midway equipment.
- Support event managers in fulfilling event and client needs.
- Oversee vendor load-in and set-up to ensure a safe and courteous environment for Museum guests.
- Oversee vendors during tear-down and coordinate the load-out of their equipment.
- Operate shipboard equipment such as fork-lifts, electric pallet jacks, scissor lifts, etc. with proper certification.
- Work collaboratively with all internal departments to ensure coordination of activities.
- Responsible for maintaining standard operating procedures to ensure policies and requirements of executing events on board are met by staff, vendors and client/planners.
- Responsible for securing the Museum when all load-out activities are completed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of special event operational experience.
- Minimum 1 year of supervising the work of others.
If you meet the qualifications for the position and are interested in applying, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Event Services” in the subject line.