Legacy Week 2016
The USS Midway Museum is the heart and soul of Memorial Day celebration in San Diego. Understandably the busiest weekend of the year, the Memorial Day lineup of activities aboard the Midway honors and remembers our heroes as it celebrates our military heritage. Weekend activities and events offer the community an affordable and inspiring way to kick off summer in San Diego. Legacy Week events include:
- May 28, 9 AM, Veterans Wreath Ceremony: We will honor the Greatest Generation at this WWII Wreath Remembrance Ceremony. The free, family-friendly event will include a flyover and a Greatest Generation speaker. Biodegradable commemorative wreaths also will be presented over the side by veterans, active-duty personnel, and youngsters from the audience. This is an inspirational celebration for all ages.
- May 28, Concert begins at 7:30 PM, “World Classic Rockers” Former members of Journey, Santana, Boston & More-American Freedom Festival Benefit concert: Click here to get your tickets today! This annual charity event will benefit local military non-profits and is a celebration of our Veterans and Military families.
- May 28 - 30, All Day, Kids Adventure Discovery Zone: Midway’s hangars are transformed into a Discovery Zone including, special exhibits, aircraft restoration activities, military equipment, demonstrations and more!
- May 29 - 30, All Day, Meet the Aviators, and the Planes they flew: Pilots are stationed by each aircraft on the ship and available for questions! A unique opportunity to learn about flying first hand from the experts who piloted the aircraft!
- May 30, 11 AM (second performance at 1 PM), US Coast Guard Auxiliary Band Arizona Performance: An exciting opportunity to hear the musical sounds of an amazing ensemble of US Coast Guard Auxiliary instrumentalists. Performance will take place on the flight deck!
- May 30, 10 AM - 3 PM, Blood Drive: Make your blood donation to the San Diego Blood Bank this Memorial Day weekend. Donors receive a free pass to the museum.
Times and dates are subject to change without notice.