The USS Midway Museum is dedicated to a complete experience for all guests:
- Front-row accessible parking spaces, available on a first-come, first-served basis, on Navy Pier directly in front of the ticket booth. Regular parking fees apply
- Complimentary, loaner wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Elevator access from Navy Pier onto the ship.
- Elevator access from the hangar deck down to the second deck.
- Elevator access up to the flight deck
- Wheelchair-accessible family restroom on the hangar deck.
- Approximately 60 percent of the museum’s exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
- Narrated video tour of all museum exhibits is shown continuously in the hangar deck.
- American Sign Language tour for our hearing impaired guests. The devices have a 3.5" touchscreen where the ASL interpreter can be seen signing the information. It is also closed-captioned.
- Written audio tour script is available for our hearing impaired visitors.
Audio Descriptive Tour: Now available for our guests who are blind or have low vision is an audio descriptive tour of the highlights of the ship. Guests with sighted companions can request the tour devices when they arrive to visit. Guests visiting without sighted companions can request a Docent guide to assist with the audio descriptive tour. Please call our Visitor Information Center at 619-398-8264 forty eight (48) hours in advance to request this service. The audio descriptive tour is included with the Museum admission price.