NOTICE: We are currently replacing an accessible elevator on board in order to serve you better. This project will take several months and as a result there will temporarily be no elevator access from the Hangar Deck to the Second Deck (City at Sea). Our elevators from the pier to the Hangar Deck and from the Hangar Deck to the Flight Deck remain operational. We apologize for any inconvenience caused while we make this important improvement.
The USS Midway Museum is dedicated to a complete experience for all guests:
- Front-row accessible parking spaces, available on a first-come, first-served basis, on Navy Pier directly in front of the ticket booth. Regular parking fees apply
- Complimentary, loaner wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Elevator access from Navy Pier onto the ship.
- Elevator access from the hangar deck down to the second deck.
- Elevator access up to the flight deck
- Wheelchair-accessible family restroom on the hangar deck.
- Approximately 60 percent of the museum’s exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
- Narrated video tour of all museum exhibits is shown continuously in the hangar deck.
- American Sign Language tour for our hearing impaired guests. The devices have a 3.5" touchscreen where the ASL interpreter can be seen signing the information. It is also closed-captioned.
- Written audio tour script is available for our hearing impaired visitors.