- This event has passed.
June 29, 2018 - July 6, 2018
Join us onboard June 29 – July 5 to view two temporary exhibits intended to honor, raise awareness and support our Armed Forces and First Responders.
The American Freedom Bell will be available for viewing on the flight deck. This iconic bell was cast on June 6, 2013, with 330 pounds of bronze and emotionally, 10 pounds of steel from the fallen World Trade Centers.
Since the Freedom Bell’s birth, over 5 million Americans have rung America’s Freedom Bell to honor a family member or friend who is serving or has served in our Armed Forces.
Next, “The Spirit of Liberty Collection” comprising of five large and dramatic fine art paintings depicting America’s most important National Monuments will be viewable in Midway’s Hangar Deck.
The featured paintings in the “Spirit of Liberty Collection” depict the following National Monuments:
- The Pearl Harbor Monument – Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Arlington National Cemetery painted on November 11, 2017
- The World War II Memorial – Washington National Mall
- The Korean War Memorial – Washington National Mall
- The Vietnam Wall – Washington National Mall