November 1 @ 10:00 am - November 30 @ 3:00 pm PDT
Midway Family, we need your support!
From now until November 30, we ask you to help us collect stockings for San Diego military families in need to be delivered to MCAS Miramar. This annual program is in it’s 11th year and we could not be more excited to be a part of it!
We will begin collecting stockings Nov 1 for troops and children. The deadline to receive all stockings is Nov 30, 2018.
How to Participate:
- Purchase (or make) a stocking and fill it with food or entertainment items from the lists below. Stockings should be no longer than 20 inches from top to toe. Please, no oversize stockings. Also, keep in mind that only 10% of the Marines at Miramar are women so there is a need for male or unisex stockings. The main recipients are the single Marines living in the barracks who are away from home and don’t have a local family to support them.
- Tape the stocking on the top so the contents are secure. Please note, stockings will be opened, inspected, and re-secured for safety/non-prohibited items.
- Label the stocking for male/unisex or female or child. We will pack them in large boxes for transport. Bring your stockings to the Entrance (not the Ticket Booth) at the USS Midway Museum between the hours of 10 am to 3 pm, beginning November 1, 2018.
- Tell the Ace Parking attendant you are dropping off a holiday stocking for the troops. You will have to pay for parking if you are visiting the Midway as well. Midway Staff and Volunteers may bring their stockings to the Safety Department on board the Midway.
Contact Jennifer McNamara, USS Midway Safety & Security Manager, and Project Holiday Stocking Co-Coordinator, JMcNamara@midway.org, or 619-398-8281. Or, Jaime Marzan, USS Midway Marketing & Reservation Specialist, and Project Holiday Stocking Co-Coordinator, JMarzan@midway.org, or 619-398-8213.
RESTRICTED ITEMS — Please, NO homemade food items. Please place any liquids in ziplock bags!
- (For men:) Travel size Old Spice, Axe, Dove Body washes (not shampoo, etc. as they have very little hair!) Please package this item separately in a ziploc bag.
- Laundry detergent pods. Package separately in a ziploc.
- Energy shots(5-hour energy), Protein Powder packets
- Jerky, tuna packets, cracker packets
- Dried fruit, granola bars, protein bars
- Individual powdered drink mixes
- Small flashlights, books, puzzles, cards, games
- Lip Balm/Chapstick, sunscreeen packets
- Toothbrush, toothpaste. Package separately in a ziplock.
- Hard candy, taffy, Life Savers, M&Ms
- Personal notes of thanks or encouragement are always appreciated.
- Age and gender appropriate gifts….
- Electronic handheld games
- Hot Wheels, Legos, action figures
- Small travel-size board games
- Jump ropes, yoyos, kites
- Gift cards for Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, Babies R Us, McDonalds, ice cream stores
- Sports gear, eye black, compass
- Small dolls, stuffed animals
- Glow Sticks or any other glow-in-the-dark items, small flashlights, book light, head light
- Age appropriate DVDs, books, coloring books, stickers
- Candy, cookies, crackers (NO HOME MADE ITEMS)
- Notepads, pencils, pens with characters on them, arts and crafts items
- Girls – makeup, lip gloss, brush, hair clips, fun jewelry items
- Stocking hats (sport teams or characters)
- Babies – Small outfits, Baby Wipes, binkies, rattles, diaper bag items such as cereal bowls, spoons, portable food pouch items