Girl Scouts Of The USA Programs
During select times of the year, Girl Scouts San Diego and the USS Midway Museum offer Operation Wing Scout, an aviation centered exercise.
Our onboard program is inspired by the Girl Scout of the USA’s Wing Scout Program, created in the 1940s. The Wing Scout Program was intended for Girl Scout Seniors interested in flying and wanting to serve their country.
This program took on new importance as the United States entered World War II; and, Girl Scouts at this time focused on civic duty as part of their war efforts.
Midway’s Operation Wing Scout aims to carry out the Wing Scout Program’s goal to expand aviation awareness and to provide career opportunity information and inspiration for generations to come.
This program is in partnership with Southwest Airlines.
OPERATION WING SCOUT
During this program, Girl Scouts are led by female leaders through aviation oriented activities onboard. This program includes:
- Guided tours of the ship and the Flight Deck
- Access to behind-the-scenes space and locations
- Exclusive aviation instruction
- Time at the controls in the exclusive Midway Flight Academy presented by Southwest Airlines on the simulators
- Question & Answer time with positive female role models
- Lunch is provided
For information about our Girl Scouts of the USA Programs, please contact Rea de la Cruz at (619) 610-0739 or firstname.lastname@example.org.