As we celebrate the museum’s 15th anniversary this year, it’s fitting our July cruise “deployment” is named after Operation Frostbite, a daring mission into the sub-Arctic in 1946 by the USS Midway crew. That cruise led to several naval aviation achievements and what became known as “Midway Magic” which defines the USS Midway Museum today!
ONLINE CHECK-IN + TIPS
When it comes to packing for Alaska, avoid pulling out your heavy coats and instead dress in layers! Here are some packing item recommendations:
- Lightweight jacket or vest, sweaters & long sleeved shirts.
- Rain poncho that can be stored in a backpack or purse to use when needed.
- Jeans, capris, or long pants; you may also take a pair of shorts.
- Tennis shoes.
- Binoculars are optional.
- Resort casual attire and formal evening attire when appropriate (see below).
- Please note, each cabin will be given one (1) backpack and one (1) lightweight fleece and scarf per person!
There will be two formal nights during the cruise. Dates will be provided by Holland America when we are on board. For formal attire, gentlemen usually wear a coat and tie, and some may even wear a tux. Ladies tend to dress up for these evenings in cocktail attire or a pantsuit.
Please note: Holland America requests no shorts in dining rooms after 5 pm. Other nights are typically resort casual attire.
Read Holland America’s “Know Before You Go” Info below for tips on clothing preparation and packing.
Be sure to attend our group events and meet your fellow cruise mates! More info for each event coming soon!
Sunday, July 14 at 4 pm – 5 pm
Welcome Reception at BB King Blues Club
Tuesday, July 16 at 2 pm at Deck 9
Operation Frostbite Group Photo. Wear your provided Operation Frostbite Gear and smile!
Friday, July 19 at 4 pm – 5 pm
Closing Reception at BB King Blues
BE SURE TO TAG YOUR PHOTOS
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFO
Reminder: Your ship is SOLD OUT, and we’ve been notified by Carefree Vacations to let everyone know to allow time for boarding. Once you arrive at the dock to get onto the ship, follow normal boarding instructions and be sure to have your travel documents and passport.
For questions about your reservation or cruise booking, please contact Carefree Vacations Travel Agency:
- Kismet Rodgers, Vacation Specialist
- Direct Line: 619-591-7207
- Main Line: 619-421-1167
- Email: email@example.com
For other questions, please contact the USS Midway Museum Team:
- Vanessa Pineda, Assistant Marketing Director, USS Midway Museum
- Phone: 619-398-8251
- Email: Operationfrostbite@midway.org