Midway Veteran Resources & Services
The USS Midway Museum is dedicated to preserving and honoring the 200,000 young men who served aboard the USS Midway–and by extension all those who serve in uniform. They pioneered new naval aviation standards. They led successful humanitarian missions. And they protected America. We believe it is vital that we preserve their heritage for future generations.
If you are a Midway Veteran, we hope to invite you back onboard your ship very soon.
Interested in reconnecting or keeping contact with other Midway Veterans?
Midway Veteran Visit Information
San Diego Travel Information: If you are visiting from out of town please click here for helpful helpful resources.
Accessibility: If you need elevator assistance or have other access needs onboard, please click here for helpful resources.
Visitor Information Center: Do you have questions about your upcoming visit? Midway’s Visitor Information Center can assist you with general information about the museum, (619) 398-8264 or email@example.com.
We offer all USS Midway veterans a complimentary Lifetime Midway Membership.
Your Lifetime Midway Membership card with photo ID will allow you and one guest free entry to the Midway.
Interested in seeing your old berthing space or shipboard work center?
Midway’s Safety Team will make every effort to make this accessible to you and up to one guest as long as the area is accessible and properly illuminated for safe access.
These special tours must be coordinated in advance by contacting Midway’s Safety Supervisor, Lynn Swangin firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the following information in your email:
- Expected arrival date/time
- Department work center and/or berthing space locations (so that we can determine whether your spaces are accessible and safe)
The Safety Team does not provide behind-the-scenes tours, simply safe and secure access.
If you are interested in a Docent led tour of the ship for parties, reunion or veterans groups, please contact Carol Eakin at email@example.com to obtain pricing for admission and private Docent-led tours.
If you are traveling with a group of 5 or more people consider pre-ordering boxed lunches for your visit.
Contact our Fantail Cafe at (619) 398-8215 before your visit to arrange grab-and-go boxed lunches and simply pick them up during your visit at the Fantail Cafe counter, or other designated area. Minimum is 5 lunches.
• Ship’s Historian Karl Zingheim at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 398-8301.
• Museum Library at email@example.com or (619) 398-8275. The staff can look up crew members in our cruise book collection and also sells books about the military. They are not always open on weekends. Please call to confirm availability during your visit.
• For other information contact the Midway Sailor Program by leaving a message at (619) 398-8272 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.