No Child Left Ashore Scholarships
Thanks to the generous contributions to the USS Midway Museum’s
No Child Left Ashore Scholarship fund, we offer scholarships for our Education Department Onboard School Programs
THERE ARE TWO SEPARATE SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS:
- ONE IS FOR THE COST OF THE ONBOARD SCHOOL PROGRAM
- ONE IS FOR THE COST OF BUS TRANSPORTATION
Scholarships are only available to San Diego City and County School Districts
Questions? Contact Education Department Reservations Office at
email@example.com or (619) 398- 8271
School Program Scholarship
Before applying for a “No Child Left Ashore” School Program scholarship, please note the following:
Scholarships for school programs are only applicable to San Diego County Schools and are awarded on a first come first served basis.
Before applying for a bus scholarship, please note the following:
- Bus scholarships are only for San Diego City & County Schools
- You must have a Confirmed Reservation number before you can apply.
- Bus Scholarship applications must be submitted at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Bus Scholarships are not unlimited.
- Schools must arrange their own bus transportation.
- We require that you obtain a school district bus transportation invoice for the bus, which shows trip information, payment information, and the cost of the bus in advance and send it to us together with this application.
- Bus Scholarship applications sent without the invoice will not be processed!
- Allow at least (3) three weeks for a scholarship request to be processed.
The scholarship will not pay for trip late fees, last minute scheduling fees, trip delays, schedule changes, or charter buses.
If the school secures a bus from a private transportation company, the USS Midway Museum will only award approximately what a regular school bus would have cost. It is up to the school to resolve with their transportation office any transportation fees over and above what the scholarship awarded.
Allow forty-five days after the school visit for bus scholarship checks to be processed.