Thanks to the generous contributions to our “No Child Left Ashore” Scholarship Fund, the USS Midway Museum is able to offer limited educational scholarships for our Education department’s on-board programs. We also have limited bus scholarships for school bus transportation.
The majority of our Education Scholarships are awarded for programs held during the September-June portion of the school year. As they are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, we recommend that you apply early.
Please read through all requirements prior to applying for either scholarship available. Questions? Contact the Education Reservation office at email@example.com or (619) 398-8271.
School Program Scholarship
Before applying for a “No Child Left Ashore” School Program scholarship, please note the following:
- This application cannot be accepted without a confirmed reservation number. If you do not yet have one please complete that process first.
- Applications must be submitted three (3) weeks in advance. No exceptions.
- Scholarships are not automatic. Applications go through an approval process and must be granted.
- If your application is accepted, please allow for up to three (3) weeks for processing and confirmation of the award.
Before applying for a bus scholarship, please note the following:
- Bus scholarships are only for San Diego City & County School Districts
- You must first have a confirmed reservation before you can apply for a “No Child Left Ashore” Scholarship
- Scholarships are limited and may not be available
- Schools must arrange for their own transportation
- Teachers are required to complete a Bus Scholarship Application form and have it signed by the school principal
- Applications must be received three weeks prior to the school visit
- We require that you obtain a school district bus transportation invoice for the bus, which shows: trip information, payment information and the cost of the bus in advance and submit it together with this application.
- Bus Scholarship requests without the invoice will not be processed.
- Allow at least three weeks for a scholarship request to be processed.
The scholarship will not pay for trip late fees, last minute scheduling fees, trip delays, schedule changes, out-of–district buses etc., but only the basic bus cost.
If the school secures a bus from a private transportation company, the USS Midway Museum will only pay what a regular school bus would have cost. It is up to the school to resolve with their transportation office any transportation fees over and above what the scholarship has allowed.
Allow forty-five days after the school visit for bus scholarship checks to be processed.