About The USS Midway Foundation
The mission of the USS Midway Foundation is to help fund education programs, organizations, and initiatives that support America’s core values of service and sacrifice in the name of freedom.
Established in 2016, the Foundation was created to look at the long-term sustainability of the Midway Museum Educational Programs through an endowment and develop the ‘Pillars of Freedom’ granting opportunities for San Diego organizations serving Veterans, active duty, and first responders.
With assets at just over $1 million, the endowment will provide annual support for Midway’s educational programs for tens of thousands of students and teachers all over the United States. With a goal of $10 million by 2025, this fund would help offset operating expenses and allow the education program the ability to grow and expand its offering to even more students. Your gift of cash, securities, or a legacy gift will ensure this is possible in perpetuity.
Since 2016 the USS Midway Foundation has granted $2.7 million to 51 organizations whose primary focus is improving the lives and communities of veterans, active-duty service members, and first responders. Those who sacrifice everything in the name of freedom. Grants have ranged from $5,000 to $90,000 and impacted more than 100,000 individuals.
Through an annual grant application, the Foundation’s Board of Directors and staff will vet, monitor, and discuss the impacts of local organizations before granting a gift. Because of the generosity of the Board and the operational support of the museum, 100% of all gifts are granted. Your gift of cash, securities, or a legacy gift makes these impact grants possible.
For gifts of securities, or planned giving, please contact Laura White, Midway Foundation President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please choose one of the two giving option links below
If you would like to make any of these gift in honor or memory of a loved one, please contact Robin Hatfield Bolin at email@example.com and she will ensure the gift is properly acknowledged.
- Ken Blanchard, PhD
- Linden Blue
- The Honorable Jeb Bush
- The Honorable Elizabeth Dole
- The Honorable Robert J. Dole
- Dan Fouts
- James Mattis, General, USMC (Ret.)
- Tony Orlando
- Debbie Turner
- The Honorable Pete Wilson
Please contact Laura White, USS Midway Foundation President, to learn more about giving opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Robin Hatfield Bolin
- Armed Services YMCA San Diego – Assistance for junior-enlisted Service Members
- Blue Angels Foundation – Wounded Warrior Continuum of Care
- Fallen Officers Fund – Emergency Financial Assistance
- Interfaith Community Services – Veteran Housing Stability Case Manager and Supportive Services
- MCRD Museum Foundation – AV Equipment and Virtual Education Programing
- Navy Helicopter Association Scholarship Fund – Scholarship for Graduate and Undergraduate Education
- San Diego Harbor Police Foundation – Human Trafficking Prevention Program and Youth Development at Perkins K-8 School
- San Diego Military Outreach Ministries – Essential items for ongoing emergencies
- Support the Enlisted Project – Financial Education and Counseling for Military Families
- Tailhook Educational Foundation – Undergraduate Education Scholarships
- United Through Reading – Story Station Van Repair
- USO San Diego – Food Pantry and Essential Services for Military Families