About The Foundation
The mission of the Midway Foundation is to help fund education programs, organizations, and initiatives that support America’s core values of service and sacrifice in the name of freedom.
Established in 2016, the Foundation was created to look at the long-term sustainability of the Midway Museum Educational Programs through an endowment and develop the ‘Pillars of Freedom’ granting opportunity for San Diego organizations serving Veterans, active duty, and first responders.
With assets at just over $1 million, the endowment will provide annual support for Midway’s educational programs for tens of thousands of students and teachers all over the United States. With a goal of $10 million by 2025, this fund would help offset operating expenses and allow the education program the ability to grow and expand its offering to even more students. Your gift of cash, securities, or a legacy gift will ensure this is possible in perpetuity.
Since 2016 the Foundation has granted $2.7 million to 51 organizations whose primary focus is improving the lives and communities of veterans, active-duty service members, and first responders. Those who sacrifice everything in the name of freedom. Grants have ranged from $5,000 to $90,000 and impacted more than 100,000 individuals.
Through an annual grant application, the Foundation Board of Directors and staff will vet, monitor, and discuss the impacts of local organizations before granting a gift. Because of the generosity of the Board and the operational support of the museum, 100% of all gifts are granted. Your gift of cash, securities, or a legacy gift makes these impacts grants possible.
Please choose one of the two giving option links below
If you would like to make any of these gift in honor or memory of a loved one, please contact Robin Hatfield at email@example.com and she will ensure the gift is properly acknowledged.
- Ken Blanchard, PhD
- Linden Blue
- The Honorable Jeb Bush
- The Honorable Elizabeth Dole
- The Honorable Robert J. Dole
- Dan Fouts
- James Mattis, General, USMC (Ret.)
- Tony Orlando
- Debbie Turner
- The Honorable Pete Wilson
Please contact Laura White, USS Midway Foundation President, to learn more about giving opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Armed Services YMCA San Diego – Clinical Counseling
- Blue Angels Foundation – Wounded Warrior Continuum of Care
- Fallen Officers Fund – Emergency Financial Assistance
- Interfaith Community Services – Housing Stability Case Manager and Supportive Services
- MCRD Museum Foundation – Military-to-Civilian Career Transition Support
- Naval Helicopter Association Scholarship Fund – 2021 College Scholarship
- San Diego Harbor Police Foundation – Human Trafficking Training and Enforcement
- San Diego Military Outreach Ministries – Nutrition Assistance for Military/Veteran Families
- SEAL Family Foundation – SEALKIDS Support
- Support the Enlisted Project – Nutrition Assistance for Military Families
- Tailhook Educational Foundation – USS Midway Foundation Perennial Scholarship Fund
- United Through Reading – San Diego-based Story Stations
- USO Council of San Diego – Youth Development
- Veterans Village of San Diego – Combat Veteran Program
- Zero8Hundred – Military-to-Civilian Career Transition Support