Thank you for your interest in employment at the USS Midway Museum.
Some of the benefits the USS Midway Museum offers regular full-time employees are:
- Company-paid Health and Dental Insurance
- Company-paid Life and LTD insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- 403(b) Plan with match
- Paid On-site Parking
- Discounts at Fantail Café
- Merchandise Discounts in Jet Shop
- Free Admission to participating San Diego Museums
- A unique work environment that emphasizes self-starters, fun, inspiration, service to country and a work/life balance.
The USS Midway Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the high number of responses, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
Click the available positions below for a full description of this opportunity.
SAN DIEGO, CA
The USS Midway Museum has several openings for Custodial/Janitorial positions
Status: 60 Day Temporary Assignment with potential for full time after assignment is completed.
Schedule: 40 Hours per week, Shifts vary, Must be able to work nights & weekends!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, using cleaners, solvents, soap solution, and polishes.
- Clean and dust furniture; sweep, mop, vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; refill restroom containers.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard-surface floors.
- Wash walls and equipment.
- Use and mantain assigned power equipment and hand tools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in custodial maintenance or related field.
- Team Player – ready and willing to help wherever needed.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow written/verbal instructions
- Ability to operate and use small power/hand tools.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and time pressure.
- Team player – ready and willing to help wherever needed or assigned.
Job Conditions/Work Location: Working onboard a former Navy Aircraft Carrier in all weather conditions.
Physical Requirements: Constant climbing up/down stairs and ladders; bend, stoop, kneel and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull/push lift, and carry up to 40 pounds; reach both above and below shoulder height
Equipment Operated: Small power tools, buffer/scrubber, janitorial equipment.
SAN DIEGO – CA
Frontline Guest Services Lead – Part-time
Are you upbeat, positive, reliable and have a passion for people? Are you looking for a job in a unique and fun environment? The most visited aircraft carrier museum, the USS Midway Museum, is looking for a hands-on front line lead to work alongside our guest services representatives to deliver exceptional customer service.
- 20 – 30 hours per week
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Option to work as a Guest Service Representative on Sundays if desired.
- Starting shift hours traditionally fall between 8:30am and 9:00am, with an ending time between 5:00pm and 5:30pm.
As a Guest Services Lead, the most important task you will perform is to pro-actively engage our guests making them feel welcomed, comfortable, and important.
While you are busy doing that, here are some other operational tasks that you will be responsible for:
- Prepare work stations each morning for museum operations.
- Assign staff positions for the day by preparing rotation schedule (including the management of breaks/lunches).
- Brief staff on daily responsibilities.
- Oversee areas managed by Guest Services during hours of operation, assuring the best guest experience is provided.
- Daily responsibilities of the Guest Services staff and Leadership include:
- Entry Brow/Pier: Greet guests as they come aboard. Scan tickets and check other forms of admission
- Hangar Deck Entrance: Greet guests as they enter the Hangar Deck and direct them to Audio Tour line.
- Audio Tour Distribution: Ensure guests receive their audio tour equipment and understand how to use it.
- Audio Tour Return: Guests turns in their audio equipment and are thanked for visiting as they leave.
- Battle of the Midway Theater: Introduce the Battle of the Midway movie and its importance to Midway History.
- Manage end of day responsibilities, securing work areas and equipment.
- Assist in training new hires with direction from the Guest Services Manager or Guest Services Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- HS Student, HS diploma or GED equivalent
- A minimum of 1-2 years customer service and supervisory experience required.
- Must be friendly, personable and comfortable engaging with guests.
- Have a passion for customer service.
- Reliable and dependable: ability to report to work on time as scheduled.
- Demonstrates flexibility and good judgment in providing guests an exceptional experience.
- A team player. Must work well with others.
Job Conditions/Work Location: Working onboard a former Navy Aircraft Carrier in all weather conditions, indoor and outdoor.
Physical Requirements: Stretching and bending are moves commonly made throughout the day by employees working in this position. Frequent lifting, carrying, transporting, loading and unloading Audio equipment. Walking long distances, frequent twisting, bending and stooping, and standing for long periods of time.
Equipment Operated: N/A